Sunday, July 16, 2006

EGGxactly! CBS Eye On Eggs


I know it's obvious that I'm a CBS fan. Some would argue the word "fanatic" would be more appropriate. Actually, I'm a television junkie. CBS didn't become my network of choice until late 89/90 ... somewhere in there.

In any event, over the years I've come to enjoy and appreciate some of the "Eye" network's fall promotions. Some of the most memorable: "Get Ready for CBS" (1989-91); "You're On CBS." (1995-96); "The Address Is CBS. Welcome Home" (1997-98).

"THIS IS CBS." (1993-94)

This fall's promotion seems to be a little scrambled. Actually, one could argue the network isn't playing Chicken. In one of the oddest promotions ever, the Tiffany Network is planning to plaster its 50-year-old logo on the incredible, edible egg.

This is a developing story. We'll keep our eye on this one and update you on the very latest. Do you -- like me -- wonder if this story is hard-boiled? Half-baked? Over Easy?

Okay, okay. At the risk of sounding worse than Greg Fishel, I'll stop now.

Randy Gupton, fivesecondstoair.blogspot.com

No comments: